Successful applicants February 2014
Training Funding Descriptions
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – (12 house course – suitable for 18+ and max 20 persons)
- Covers depression, anxiety, psychosis & substance misuse including crisis situatins for suicidal though and behaviour, non-suicidal self-injury, severe psychotic states, aggressive behaviour, traumatic events and intoxication.
Aboriginal MFHA – (14 hour course – culturally appropriate and run by an indigenous instructor – suitable for 18+ and max 15 persons)
- Includes topics and crisis situations as for MHFA and a module on mental health problems in the community.
Young MHFA – (14 hour course – designed specifically for those who work/support adolescents and young adults – suitable for 17+ and max 20 persons)
- Covers topics and crisis situations as for MHFA but delivered in relation to young people. Extra module of eating disorders.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) – (2 day course – suitable for 16+ and max 15 persons)
- Specifically designed as suicide intervention training.
safeTALK – (3.5 hour course – suitable for 15+ and max 30 persons)
- Prepares helpers to identify person with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources.