The Ministerial Council for Suicide Prevention
The Ministerial Council for Suicide Prevention (the Council) oversees Suicide Prevention 2020: Together we can save lives.
The Council provides highly focused, practical advice to the Minister for Mental Health on suicide prevention initiatives and services throughout Western Australia.
The Council addresses suicide prevention by:
- Identifying and communicating the problem
- Researching what works to fix the problem
- Developing actions to address and prevent the problem
- Identifying priorities and making recommendations to Government
- Evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives
Council members are determined by the Minister for Mental Health and include representatives from community, corporate and government organisations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and people who have had experience of suicide in their family.